(1) THE MAWDDACH TRAIL
- Walk or cycle all (or some) of the way to Barmouth along the old railway line.
(2) PRECIPICE WALK
- Stunning views south to north, looking down on the Mawddach river valley. Also the beautiful Llyn Cynwch lake.
(3) CADER IDRIS
- Even if you don’t get to the top, The Pony Path from Ty Nant has some excellent views. You could even walk the ridge.
(4) CREGENNEN LAKES
- Take a drive up to these stunning lakes from Dolgellau (up Cader Road) or Arthog.
(5) CYMER ABBEY
- Visit historic Cymer Abbey & Llanelltyd Bridge over the Mawddach. There is also a lovely riverside walk.
- Part of The Mawddach Trail, but worth spending a while to walk over the old toll bridge and visit the George III pub.
(7) TORRENT WALK
- A popular walk since Victorian times. A great thing to do after heavy rain (not that it rains much here).
(8) NEW PRECIPICE WALK
- Stunning views, from the Aran mountains in the east to Cardigan Bay in the west.
- Have a stroll on the lovely sandy beach and walk along the half-mile long bridge.
(10) COED Y BRENIN
- Even if you don’t have a bike, there are plenty of lovely forest walks, rivers, mines and waterfalls.